HOW COMPARISON CAN ROB YOU OF YOUR UNIQUENESS AND HOW TO DEAL WITH IT
I have realized that comparison is one of the biggest cause of discouragement and lack of authenticity among people.
I love the part that says that eventually people will see what you are great for and success will begin to chase after you.
Maybe you are presently horning your skills and you are yet to attract all the great opportunities you have ever wanted.
Maybe you are getting tired of seeing other people’s dream coming to light while you are somewhere in your room waiting for luck to shine on you.
Truth is, preparation meets opportunities. If you don’t prepare well, you may not be able to identify or maximize opportunities when they come.
Are you like Jane below?
One day, Jane flipped through her goals in her journal.
Why was everything happening too slow? She thought!
She wondered why she wasn't having the same privileges showcased by her colleagues on social media.
Gradually, she began to process the thought till she became moody and sad.
“I'm not achieving anything", she echoed in her mind.
I wish I had this... I wish I had that...
She remained lost in the thought until hours flew. At the end of the day, she couldn't do her to do list for the day.
Are you still living in comparison?
The Bible has made it clear that you should enjoy the satisfaction from your own progress rather than chasing after people’s success for wrong reasons. Be happy for them if you want suc experiences.
Wondering why you are not progressing so fast?
In life, there are stages and you have to be careful not to compare your phase D with your friends/colleagues/whoever's phase K.
Life is a journey.
Comparison steals your joy, time, focus and power. .
Here are few ways that you can avoid comparison and focus on your progress:
1. Be grateful for your unique journey and understand that life is a process. Journal your victories as you move on in life.
2. Create time to reflect on your journey and make corrections where you need to.
3. Dig into your Spirit for inspirations and unique ideas.
4. Surround yourself with people that motivate you to be a better version of yourself.
5. Embrace your uniqueness in every way.
6. Instead of envying the people you compare yourself with, be happy for them and you will attract such opportunities.
7. Keep preparing yourself to deserve more and identify great opportunities when they come.
8. Seek out for opportunities instead of waiting for luck to shine on you, for there is no such thing as luck. It’s either you knock on opportunities or you identify and maximize it when it comes.
You were created for a purpose and God understands your path more.
Learn the lessons in your journey and keep moving.
Refuse to be stoppable by the noise in the world.
All things are working for your good.
Are you currently struggling with accepting a part of your life? Share with me in the comment section.
Live with grace.